Build an all-electric new home, install a TALO water heater device and earn a $340 one-time cash incentive. In order to qualify for the energy right® New Homes cash incentive, customers shall permit JCPB to install a TALO water heater device on at least one water heater in the home (same location/account number as is program participation). For more information, contact Energy Services and Marketing at 952-5142 or by email.
Building your new home to energy right® prescriptive standards offers many benefits.
- Reduced heating & cooling bills.
- Enhanced home value.
- Free final inspection.
- Receive incentive dollars.
- Safe electric power.
- New energy right® homes built with energy efficiency in mind may qualify for special financing. (Check with your local bank about an Energy Efficient Mortgage.)
energy right® Building Schedule
- R-38 insulation in attic
- R-13 in walls
- R-19 in floors or perimeter edge has insulated slab
- Insulated doors
- Double-pane windows
- High-efficiency heat pump
- Minimum R-6 insulated and tightly sealed Duct System
- No more than 8-10% glass area
1-2-3 Build energy right®
Building energy right® is as easy as "1 - 2 - 3."
- Homebuilders must follow the energy right® prescriptive standards.
- Home must be built all electric, with the exception of gas logs.
- A member of our Quality Contractor Network (QCN) must install the electric heat pump.