Tree-Line Maintenance Agreement
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) requires a minimum of 10 feet of clearance surrounding overhead power distribution lines and up to 50 feet of clearance surrounding overhead power transmission lines. This safety zone is intended to prevent power line and tree conflicts which are costly, dangerous and cause service interruptions.
- Trees must be planted a safe distance from power lines.
- Large tree varieties require the greatest distance from power lines. Recommended distances are as follows:
- Distribution lines: 25' minimum
- Transmission lines: 50' minimum
- No trees shall be planted directly underneath electric power lines. Any trees planted directly underneath power lines are subject to removal without compensation to the owner.
By completing the BrightRidge Application for Service Agreement, customers agree to adhere to the terms of this agreement.