Reasons for Outages
Power outages are often the result of one or more of the following:
- Severe weather storms; such as, thunderstorms, snowstorms, tornadoes, ice storms, etc.
- Animals; such as, birds, snakes, or squirrels interfering with electrical equipment
- Auto accidents, which may strike and break utility poles
- Overloaded lines
- Equipment failures (i.e. transformer fuses blowing, breakers malfunctioning, etc.)
- Human error
- Generally, birds and squirrels are the number one cause of power outages throughout the JCPB service area.