PUBLIC RECORDS POLICY INFORMATION
Pursuant to Tenn. Code Ann. § 10-7-503(g), the following Public Records Policy for JC Energy Authority DBA JC Power Board is hereby adopted by The Board of Directors to provide economical and efficient access to public records as provided under the Tennessee Public Records Act (TPRA) in Tenn. Code Ann. § 10-7-501, et seq.
Personnel of JC Energy Authority DBA JC Power Board shall timely and efficiently provide access and assistance to persons requesting to view or receive copies of public records. No provisions of this Policy shall be used to hinder access to open public records. However, the integrity and organization of public records, as well as the efficient and safe operation of JC Energy Authority DBA Johnson City Power Board shall be protected as provided by current law. Concerns about this Policy should be addressed to the Public Records Request Coordinator for JC Energy Authority DBA Johnson City Power Board or to the Tennessee Office of Open Records Counsel.
This Policy is available for inspection and duplication in the office of The President and CEO of JC Energy Authority DBA Johnson City Power Board. This policy shall be reviewed annually and applied consistently throughout the various departments of JC Energy Authority DBA Johnson City Power Board.
- Requesting Access to Public Records
- Public record requests shall be made to the Public Records Request Coordinator or his/her designee via online submission at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure public record requests are routed to the appropriate records custodian and fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Requests for inspection may be made orally or in writing and mailed to 2600 Boones Creek Johnson City, TN 37615 [using the Attached Form]
- Requests for copies, or requests for inspection and copies, shall be made in writing [using the Attached Form] and accepted via electronic form, in person or mailed to 2600 Boones Creek Rd., Johnson City, TN 37615.
- Proof of Tennessee citizenship by presentation of a valid Tennessee driver's license is required as a condition to inspect or receive copies of public records. For business related requests, a business license may be accepted or an individual employee who is a state resident may serve as requestor.
- Monthly Board meeting agendas and minutes are posted at www.jcpb.com.
The designated Public Records Requests Coordinator is the
Public Relations and Governmental Affairs Director
2600 Boones Creek Rd.
P.O. Box 1636
Johnson City, TN 37605-1636